March 15, 2017
More than a thousand studies prove that coconut oil is among the healthiest foods in the world. Although it's not very common ingredient in western cuisine, this "superfood" has so many health advantages which go even beyond what people realize. Despite the fact that coconut oil is rich in saturated fat (90%), approximately 60% of the fat in coconut is made up of three impressively healthy medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs): Capric, Caprylic and Lauric acid. These MCFAs aren't readily stored as fat and they are easier to digest (compared to long-chain fatty acids). Earth's Wisdom would like to share these 5 amazing health benefits of coconut oil with you!
1. It is good for skin and hair. Coconut oil is impressive as a sun screen, moisturizer and a face cleanser, which is surely something most people are familiar with. Because it is rich in antioxidants, coconut oil is an ideal remedy for healing the human skin and it can also treat various skin issues. The above mentioned MCFAs can reduce inflammation externally and internally. When it comes to hair care, coconut oil can improve dry hair and/or dandruff.
2. It helps lose weight and build muscles. Coconut oil is famous for its energy creating properties, so it comes as no surprise that is can help you lose weight. It boosts fat burning process and decreases appetite. But, how can eating saturated fat result in fat loss? Even though it sounds contradictory, it is not. The reason is simple: human body is able to easily convert MCFAs into energy for it to utilize; it increases the metabolism. Additionally, coconut oil increases satiety, meaning you feel fuller for a longer period of time. Therefore, it can help you decrease daily caloric intake without feeling hungry. Furthermore, since coconut oil has "insulin-tropic" properties (which means it stimulates insulin secretion), and insulin controls the sugar levels in blood and pumps nutrients into the muscles.
3. It supports immune system and helps fight infections. Lauric acid is the nutrient that supports immune system and coconut oil is very rich in this substance. In addition to this MCFA, coconut oil has other natural agents that have anit-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties. Thus, this "superfood" significantly reduces the risk of herpes, influenza and other illnesses.
4. It helps brain disorders. MCFAs are easily absorbed by the liver and quickly metabolized. For this reason, MCFAs can be easily converted to ketones , which are utilized by human brain as a crucial energy source. In addition, it's been shown that ketones have positive therapeutic effects on people suffering from Alzheimer's disease or struggling on any other memory loss issue. Furthermore, coconut contains unique hormones and phenolics which can prevent β-amyloid peptides to aggregate. Amyloidal plaques are found in the brains of patients suffering from Alzheimer's disease.
5. It protects cardiovascular health. As you probably already know, increased levels of LDL cholesterol in blood are correlated to various cardiovascular diseases. On the other hand, HDL cholesterol has been proven to have opposite effect on coronary heart disease. Recent studies have shown that there is a positive correlation between HDL cholesterol and coconut oil, whereas people who eat coconut oil have lower levels of LDL cholesterol in their liver, heart and serum. Therefore, this "superfood" can actually positively affect your cardiovascular health.
In conclusion, the health benefits of coconut oil are numerous and impressive. This natural substance has been used for centuries in traditional medicine to treat a variety of ailments, and modern research is beginning to uncover the science behind its effectiveness.
One of the most significant benefits of coconut oil is its ability to improve heart health. Studies have shown that the high levels of saturated fat in coconut oil can actually increase levels of HDL, or "good" cholesterol, in the body. This can help improve cholesterol ratios and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Coconut oil also has potent anti-inflammatory properties, making it an effective natural remedy for a variety of conditions. From reducing arthritis pain to improving digestive health, the anti-inflammatory compounds in coconut oil can help alleviate symptoms and promote healing.
In addition to its anti-inflammatory properties, coconut oil is also a powerful antimicrobial agent. This means that it can help kill harmful bacteria and viruses in the body, promoting overall health and reducing the risk of infection.
Another impressive benefit of coconut oil is its ability to improve brain function. The fatty acids in coconut oil are known to be effective at crossing the blood-brain barrier and providing the brain with a source of energy. This can lead to improved cognitive function and may even help reduce the risk of age-related cognitive decline.
Overall, the health benefits of coconut oil are too numerous to ignore. Whether you're looking to improve heart health, reduce inflammation, or boost cognitive function, adding coconut oil to your diet or skincare routine can have a significant impact on your overall well-being. So if you're looking for a natural way to improve your health, consider incorporating this amazing oil into your daily routine today
Comments will be approved before showing up.
September 15, 2023
September 01, 2023
July 16, 2023